Mohanlal Nair (born 21 May 1960), identified mononymously as Mohanlal, is an associate Indian actor, producer, playback singer, and distributor, Who predominantly worked in Malayalam cinema. He has had a prolific career spanning over four decades, throughout that he has acted in additional than 340 films. additionally to Malayalam, he has conjointly appeared in alternative regional Indian films.
Mohanlal Nair Quick Facts
|Real Name||Mohanlal Vishwanathan Nair|
|Nickname||Lalettan, Laalu, Universal Star, The Complete
|Born||born 21 May 1960,|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Singer|
|Height||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7¾”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 82 kg
in Pounds- 181 lbs
|Chest: 42 Inches
Waist: 36 Inches
Biceps: 13 Inches
|Hometown||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Birth Place||Elanthoor, Pathanamthitta, Kerala, India|
|Debut||Film Debut: Manjil Virinja Pookkal (Malayalam,
1980), Company (Bollywood, 2002),
Chandramukhi (Tamil, 2005)
Production Debut: Bharatham (Malayalam, 1991)
Singing Debut: Sindooramegham
Shringaarakaavyam ... (Malayalam, 1985)
|Family||Father- Viswanathan Nair (Advocate)
Mother- Santhakumari Nair
Brother- Pyare Lal (Elder, Died)
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Collecting antiques & artifacts|
|School||Glps Mudavanmugal School, Poojappura,
Model School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
|College||Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram,
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
Are you Enjoying? Don’t Forget to read about Sushant Singh Rajput
Girls, Affairs and More
|Marriage||28 April 1988|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Salary||2 to 3 Crore/film (INR)|
- Before he ventured into the world of cinema, Mohanlal was a professional wrestler. He won the Kerala state wrestling championship in 1977-78.
- He started his acting career at the age of 18 in an unreleased film called Thiranottam.
- In 1986, 34 films of Mohanlal were released. Of these, 25 films were clean hits at the Box Office.
- Mohanlal is famous for his dedication. He holds the record of featuring in the maximum number of films and the maximum number of hits by a lead actor in a year.
- Mohanlal has been honored with four National awards, 17 Kerala state awards, and 11 Filmfare awards.
- He donated his first salary of Rs. 2,000 to the nearby St. Antony’s orphanage; the salary was given by Malika C Devi, the Retired Corporation Council Secretary for his first released Malayalam film Manjil Virinja Pookkal (1980).
- He is the only south Indian actor who got the Mother Teressa Charity Award in 2000.
- In 2001, he was honored with the Padma Shri Award for his contributions towards Indian cinema.
- In 2003, he won the IMA Award by Indian Medical Association.
- He was honored with the title of Lieutenant Colonel in the Territorial Army of India (2009); Doctor of Letters (2010) from Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kerala; and a Blackbelt in Taekwondo (2012).