Balbir Singh Sr. was born on (10 October 1924). He is an Indian Hockey Player, Balbir was Retired as an Indian Army Officer as Colonel in 1970. He was the first Sports Person to be Awarded as Padma Shri Award in 1957.
|Real Name||Balbie Singh Kullar|
|Date of Birth||10 October 1924|
|Profession||Former Indian Hockey Player|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|In the 1948 London Summer Olympics against
|Jersey Number||#13 (India)|
|Team(s)||Punjab University (National)|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|School||Dev Samaj High School, Moga, Punjab, India|
|Collage||DM College, Moga, Punjab, India
Sikh National College, Lahore, Pakistan
Khalsa College, Amritsar
Balbir Singh Family
Balbir has two Children’s :-
- Son:- Sushbir
- Daughter:- Kanwalbir, Karanbir, Gurbir
- Wife:- Sushil (m. 1946)
- Father:- Dalip Singh Dosanjh (Freedom Fighter)
- Mother:- Name Not Known
- Brother:- Not Known
- Sister:- Not Known
More Facts About Balbir Singh Sr.
- In 1942, he was transferred to Khalsa College and began intensive training under Harbail’s guidance.
- Singh was the manager and chief coach of the Indian team for the 1975 Men’s Hockey World Cup, which India won, and the 1971 Men’s Hockey World Cup,
- Balbir Singh Sr. won the gold meda in the 1948, 1952 and 1956 Olympic Games.
- As coach of Indian team, he bagged the bronze and gold medals at the 1971 and 1975 World Cups, respectively.